Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How do you decide? | Brainerd MN Senior Photography

We have two young boys. They aren't ready to think about AP classes, post-secondary mumbo jumbo or anything like that. Thank goodness. When I was in high school we just worried about who we could compare notes with on pre-calc, who was going to bomb the chemistry test, sports, friends and of course, boys.

Young people these days have so much on their plates. Aside from deciding where to go to college (if that's the route they are taking) and what classes to take for college credit, they have sports six to seven days a week and need to juggle homework, friends and jobs. I really do think that this generation of high school students are going to be determined, well-rounded, upstanding people. They know what it means to prioritize! And the kids who aren't doing the sports and extra classes are putting their nose to the grindstone with keeping up academically, volunteering and just being teens—living life!

I sincerely hope my kids grow up to be balanced adults. I think we're laying the groundwork as parents, as best we can. Manners, hard work, fun and faith. Plus a good dose of boundaries. Everyone needs them. (Sorry boys, it's for your own good.)

The young lady below, Hannah, has her priorities figured out. And many of them correspond exactly to what I stated for my kids above. We found that we've got a lot in common (even music!). She was a joy to photograph. Although she wasn't able to grab tickets for the concert I went to on Friday night  (sold out!) I'm posting a quick pic at the end of the post for her. Have a FANTASTIC senior year Hannah, I wish you all the best! Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track.








A few hundred of my best friends at the NEEDTOBREATHE concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment